Thursday, May 29, 2008

Recycled Mailers

Ok I don't know about the rest of ya'll , but I am trying to pinch pennies anyway I can. I mean with gas creeping to 4.00 a gallon here in Texas I need all the help I can get. I was looking for ways to recycled things around the house and I can across this site. Holy hell these are so easy to make. Here are some I made out of an old gamer magazine.


I used both a glue stick and rubber cement on mine. All in all I have to say the rubber cement works better. I glued 2 mag pages together and on some of them I noticed that the glue didn't hold them together. The next time I make them I'm using just rubber cement. The mailer can be a bit smelly from he rubber cement, but it will go away in a day or two.

Even thought this was rather labor intensive I will definitely do this again. I mean just think of all the junk mail you can recycling by doing this....humm I wonder if you can use plastic bags to make mailers........ Not to mention by doing this you can customize the size of your packages. I hate having to use a giant mailer for one tiny little thing. There is already a giant pile of mags and junk mail waiting to be neato mailers. I love breathing new life into things.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Thanks so much for posting this. It is nice to be able to see the actual finished product. I will definitely be trying this in the future!